Saturday 21 January 2012

Adults only - homemade Irish Cream Liqueur

This is a bit of a departure from my usual kid-centric posts, but its still homemade and after bed time I do like an adult drink.  So I recently made a batch of home made Bailey's - like Irish Liqueur.  Its delicious!


I used this recipe from the Cupcake Project, but a quick google will yield plenty of similar results.  Depending on how expensive Irish Whiskey is where you live, this recipe might not save you a lot of money but as we had a litre bottle of Jamesons sitting in our cabinet, I only had to buy the sweetened condensed milk and cream.

The batch came to about 800ml (I poured it into an empty 1L Spiced Coffee Absolut bottle) It should last 2 months in the fridge, but I think mine will last about a week.

My friend makes an amazing cherry liqueur at home and I intend to swap her a bottle of this for a bottle of her cherry liqueur.  Then I may experiment with cocktails that combine the two.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment