Monday 25 April 2011

Geekling's Newborn Nursery

It won't be long before I am re-doing Geekling's nursery, so I thought I'd post about his newborn nursery (which is largely the same now aside from a few changes, such as a new bookshelf, new cot due to the first second-hand one being a nightmare of breakages and problems, new block out curtains, and dropping the cot height etc).

Here is Geekling's first cot.  I made the cot valance and nappy stacker myself from freehand patterns.  The balloons were put in the cot to keep our cat out.


The view from the door.


Here are some canvas I made and put above his cot.  Sadly, I think the effect is lost on redacting Geekling's name but I don't really want that appearing on the blog.



I painted the wooden letters white, then glued them on after having glued the material on.  The material I used matches squares from a quilt I made him (that is rather embarassingly still sitting waiting for the ribbon edging to be sewed on...).  I also began making a mobile of birds from the same material but never finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment